29 September 2006

Our first picture of the baby

We had our first baby appointment today. Crystal had to have the usual tests (blood work, ultrasound, urine samples, etc.) and everything was, in the doctors words, "Perfect"! The sonographer taking the pictures measured the baby twice and you can see the results on the photo itself (1.43 cm and 1.37 cm) which converts to right at one half of an inch. We were able to see and hear the heartbeat as well! 158 beats per minute...said that was right where it should be. Everything looks good! They gave us a preliminary due date of May 14th.

I think today's visit really helped it all to sink in now. It is still hard to believe that next May I'll have my own lil one here! I'm (we're) REALLY looking forward to it.

And now, here's the baby...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

he/she looks like a Maryland/Washington FAN!!! Love you guys and congrats again!!!
Guess who this is!!!

Wes said...

Well, I can only think of one Deadskins fan that I even associate with... :)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for both of you!! Get ready -- May will be here before you know it!!! If there is anything that Todd or I can do for either of you -- just let us know. Love you both and love the picture of your sweet little "peanut" too!!

Erin

Brandon said...

Wes ya know that Abigael's birthday is May 15th?!?! Should be interesting!! We are planning to come out to NC for Christmas we should get together?? I hope all is well, give our love to the family! B

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys it's your sister....I'm so excited about the baby and I couldn't be any happier for the both of you....May seems like a long time away but like someone else has already said it will fly by....a word of advice...take time for each other during the next 7 months...cherish your alone time and just remember when the baby comes that there is no more Wes and Crystal there is only mom and dad...I love you guys alot and thanks for making me the aunt that I've wanted to be for many years...I love you both and if you guys need anything don't hesitate to call!!
~Jess~