31 October 2006

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

I hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween.

I myself am sitting home alone while my wife is at work (not her usual schedule). She agreed to switch shifts with a coworker so she could take her daughter Trick 'r Treating. Isn't she sweet?

About a week ago, Crystal brought home a rather large pumpkin and cleaned it out. For some reason that evening I decided to get a little creative...with the help of the internet of course. So I downloaded some patterns and started carving away. The pumpkin was so big that I put 3 different "scenes" on it.

The first is a witch riding towards the moon.



Then a spooky tree...



And finally, a ghost with a jack-o-lantern. (This pic isn't so great)



For some reason I got the bright idea that it would look better if I tied all the scenes 'together'. So I cut out the two columns of pumpkin that are on either side of the tree. And in my defense, I thought it looked pretty dang good. However.... :)

I failed to take into account the size and therefor weight of the pumpkin itself which, in turn, after one night began collapsing on itself! :(

Which leads me to what I did this evening. Crystal got another pumpkin, although this time, a much smaller one. She cleaned it today and I carved it this evening. This time I was lazy though. Plus I wanted to get it done just in case we had any trick or treaters come by. We haven't! But I really didn't expect any since we live on a 'private road' surrounded by only the Casey family, which has grown by one as of yesterday. Anthony and Brittany welcomed into the world yesterday a healthy baby boy. Congrat's to them.

Again, Happy Halloween, and we'll be seeing ya later!

No comments: