13 August 2007

Fishing picture!

For Sam's 3 month picture, Crystal chose to do a fishing theme. We decided that we would do some sort of fly fishing scenario. I believe it turned out really well!!!

I really love this picture because it has some added "meaning". The creel and fish are Samuel's, the fly box and flies are mine (Sam's dad), the fishing net belongs to my dad (Sam's grandpa), and the fly rod was my grandpa's (Sam's great grandpa)! I hope when he is older that he thinks it is as cool as I do.

In other news, Crystal has returned to work and Sam is now going to "school". So far we really like where he is staying. Apparently he is getting plenty of stimulus because since his first day at school he has slept thru the entire night every night since! We both know how lucky we are. That is quite an accomplishment. We put him to bed between 8:30 and 9:00 and we usually have to physically wake him up in the morning to get the day started! He really is a great baby.


Recently we also got to take a "mini" vacation up in Virginia. We made a quick day trip over to West Va. to see some family. It was good to see them and catch up a little. Sadly, one of our cousins was battling cancer and she lost her battle a few days after we were there. On a lighter note, we were able to spend some time with my parents and our nephews.Here's RB ad Ben in front of a hut in the "indian village". And yes, he does have a mohawk that has since been cut. :)

We also got to have a get together with some of Crystal's mother's side of the family later that same weekend up in Hillsville, VA. It was good to meet family that I hadn't met yet and introduce everyone to Samuel.Here's me and Sam with his pawpaw Combs.

Here are more pictures if any of you are interested.

And, hopefully, this Friday will be Sam's first football game as local high school action starts this week. We're contemplating heading up to Mt. Airy to Crystal's alma mater to watch them take on the local Elkin football team. I love this time of year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's what I'm talking about. Now where is the Realtree Camo?
He is cute.

Rob Byerly